Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Upper Body and LA

Today's workout was my first real upper body session since I returned. Strength is just down a fraction despite being away from weights for 2 weeks. I'm pleased.

1A) Bench
1B) Underhand Pulldown

2A) Military Press
2B) DB Row

3A) DB Triceps
3B) Rope Face Pull

Off to LA tonight to see my buddy, Bedros Keuilian, and his awesome family.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Success is simple once you accept how hard it is.

That means, if you understand and accept that achieving your goals will require hard work and sacrifice, then you are psychologically prepared to do that hard work and make those sacrifices. Now it's just a matter of taking consistent action and following proven success blueprints.

"People need to be taught from an early age that no one owes them anything in life... and that character traits such as curiosity, hard-work, honesty, thrift, innovation, ingenuity and, above all, self-reliance are to be commended." – Tim Staermose

Today's Independence Tip:

- How to Find a Personal Assistant on the Internet

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Join the Turbulence Training 1 Million Mission

2 comments:

Personal Training Phoenix said...

Mindset is very important for keeping that motivation going strong. I've always believed that. Great article.

Joe B. said...

You are awesome man!

Between the advice you give and cranking out my i phone at the gym and playing my games like The BodyBuilding Game - All the resources I need to stay fit and build muscle!

Joe