Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Morning Squat Workout

I'll be taking Easter Sunday off, so I moved my workout up to do squats today. This also works great because I need to get my deadlift workout done on Wednesday this week.

My session today:

1A) Box Jumps
1B) Squats

2A) 1-leg Squats
2B) 1-Leg Ball Curls (no glute-ham raise at this gym)
2C) Meathead calf raises

Random fact: So far this weekend I've watched "Somewhere" and "Quantum of Solace". Somewhere was okay, it wasn't what I wanted it to be. And I liked the Bond movie more than the critics did.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"Motivation gets you started; habit keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

If you miss a day of good habits, get back on track as quickly as possible. The more frequently you do something, the better the chance you will stick with it. Stick to your good habits while traveling, when you're busy, and during tough times...eventually they will become strong habits and easier and easier for you to follow.

And today's Independence Tip:
A story about Tom Watson, Sr., founder of IBM, being asked by a young management trainee, "Sir, how do I get to the top of the management ladder here?" Watson immediately replied, "Double your failure rate, son. Double your failure rate." The more failures you make only means that you are making more effort, taking more initiative - all the actions required for growth.

Make a habit of failing forward in everything in your life,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
www.TurbulenceTraining.com

No comments: