Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Big Day for Joel Marion

Started a morning walk on the beach...and then I did something I have not done in over 11 years...I swam laps in a pool. Only 10x15 meters, but it was fun. Didn't want to over-do it so I stopped there.

Finished up with stretching. Good stuff, but dang, the humidity in Tampa is intense even at 7am. Fogged up my glasses coming out of the hotel!

Went to Gold's Gym with John Romaniello. He deadlifted. I did some boring stuff:

Warmup
Stretching

1A) Planks
1B) Side Planks
1C) Ab Wheel

2A) Barbell Curls
2B) Triceps Extensions
2C) Hammer Curls.

Now it is almost time to put the tux on for Joel Marion's Big Wedding Day.

By the way, I really like training on the road and staying in hotels. AND I have NO problem staying lean. There are NO excuses, not with all the bodyweight info and nutrition tips out there - combined with your good judgement of course.

Recently, Canadian fitness expert Rob King recently asked me:

"Out of all the places you have traveled what have been some of the coolest places you have been or trained at?

Answer:
Great question.

1) Jason Ferruggia's Renegade Gym in Wachtung, New Jersey. Don't ask me where that is exactly, but the gym is great. It has heavy weights and more importantly, an awesome environment.

2) Any Gold's Gym in any city, USA. I've hit Gold's in such cities as Charleston, South Carolina, Orlando, Florida, and Los Angeles, California, and I always enjoy the environment there. Perfect for a meathead workout.

3) Powerhouse Gym in Tampa Bay. This gym is enormous, and full of jacked up meatheads. Good times will be had there, for sure.

Those are the best ones I can remember.

By the way, for folks who travel to Las Vegas, the two best "meathead" hotel gym are at the Luxor and the Monte Carlo, surprisingly. I'm not a fan of the MGM gym, because it only has a Smith machine and you are required to pay an extra $35 to train there. Not cool.

So those are the best that I can recall...hope to have many on-the-road workouts in the future.

Stay STRONG,

Craig

No comments: