Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Panama Update and Funny Story


This week I'm speaking in Panama at a company retreat for a big bank in Canada, and they are bringing in two groups of high performers. Yesterday was the final day for Group 1.

My first presentation was Sunday morning. Then Group 1 had the next couple of days 'off' as a holiday. They could explore the city, hang out by the pool, etc. Well, a lot of them spent the time day drinking.

Yesterday, at 4pm, just before the big Group 1 Awards Reception dinner, I got in the elevator with a few 'sauced up' folks.

"Hey, you're Craig Ballantyne!" one of them yelled at me. She was really, really, really drunk. I'm talking "Spring Break Drunk."

To my amazement, she then proceeded to rhyme off the 5 Rules I taught on Sunday morning.

I was impressed. It was funny.

She probably has a headache this morning, and it's going to be a rough flight home. However, when she gets back I'm sure she'll appreciate the tips I teach in my new YouTube video => 5 ways to STOP drinking so much.

=> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HQsx4VKptk

I haven't been partying or drinking down here because it's a regular work week for me. I'm taking some time off in Santiago, Chile, starting on Friday.

Tomorrow, February 1st, I'm starting a new habit challenge. One of my health goals in 2017 is to get 52.5 hours of sleep per week.

I'm doing well here in Panama this week. It'll be a little harder next week in Santiago and then San Diego. But ready for the challenge. And I love it when a challenge includes afternoon naps!

Last night I had 8 hours sleep. Today I did some intervals and enjoyed a BIG breakfast of eggs, spinach, pineapple, watermelon, and walnuts. I know... slightly weird mix, but it's just a giant fruit & spinach salad with the eggs on the side.

And I don't know if I'm imagining things, but the eggs at this resort are fantastic. I'm just talking about fried eggs, too. Nothing fancy.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Actions speak louder than words. Quit talking. Stop procrastinating. Start doing. Use the information you’ve learned. Life rewards action and you only get paid for done.

Take action,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Be the leader everyone is looking for.

Build others up. Teach people what is personally possible. Give them hope and opportunity. Share your success secrets. Show them what you’ve had to overcome. Do whatever it takes to show people it is possible to change.




No comments: