1B) Box Jump
2A) DB Reverse Lunge
2B) Stability Ball Leg Curl
Mobility and rolling before and after. I feel pretty good now, although perhaps too much caffeine earlier this AM!
On the Transformation Note, I'm back to hitting my 4 liters per day, which is well needed here in the dry cold of Denver.
Yesterday we had a work visitor in from Portugal, and after a good day of meetings, we went to Ocean Prime for dinner. I didn't go overboard, and followed many tips from below. I also had a sip of tequila because our guest was a fan. He chose Don Julio, Silver.
Over the holidays I read a great book called, “The Mind-Gut Connection”.
In it, Dr. Emeran Mayer recommends the following diet changes to take care of your belly so you can lose weight easier, lift that “mental fog”, and feel happy again.
- Maximize gut microbial biodiversity with regular intake of naturally fermented foods and probiotics (like Greek yogurt, kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, etc.)
- Reduce gut inflammation with better nutritional choices, such as avoiding processed foods and replacing them with organically grown REAL food.
- Eat smaller servings at meals
- Reduce stress and practice mindfulness
- Avoid eating when stressed, angry or sad
- Enjoy the SOCIAL aspects of food… eating with friends and focusing on them, not on how much food you eat
- And to listen to your gut – literally and figuratively!
Our bellies are the core of our physical AND mental health.
Our bellies are NOT a trash compactor for junk food.
Our belly is our buddy.
Treat it well.
Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours." <= #truth ... So if there is something you've been waiting to do, take a big step in that direction today.
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
PS - Use Your AM power!
- The morning sets the tone for your day. Start it off right. Get centered, be productive, work hard, and do something to challenge yourself. Get the formula for a perfect day here => www.FreePerfectDayBook.com