Friday, June 19, 2015

Deadlifts Yoga Golf Recovery

Well, finally! It was like waiting for Christmas as a 5-year old.

Deadlift day is here. The workout has come and gone, and the extra rest I've been forcing on myself has paid off. In addition to hitting two personal bests, I also tore up my hands. But on deadlift day, that's a good thing. But ONLY on deadlift day.

After a big breakfast bowl and some caffeine, I did mobility exercises in the garage, then jumped on my bicycle and rode down to the YMCA. I did a few more warm-up moves there, and the real workout went like this:

1A) Hang Clean - 4x3
1B) Mobility moves

2A) Trap Bar Deadlift - 3x5, 1x7
2B) Military Press warm-up sets

3A) Military Press - 4x5
3B) BB Split Squat - 4x8
3C) Leg Curl - 2x20

Ok. Enough. Enough!

The weekend is off from lifting. I'll do an easy bike ride around the Avon river on Saturday and a long walk around the river on Sunday, followed by some Father's Day festivities...like watching golf.

Yep, little known fact. I like watching golf.

Blame J-Roc, the TT Client of the Year, 2014. Back in the day, from 2002-2007, J & I watched about 6-10 tournaments each summer (Sunday afternoons only). Heck, two summers ago we even went to watch a round at the Canadian Open (it was not that exciting...although one day he and I are going to the Masters).

If you're not into deadlifts, perhaps because of pain, then grab this free report with 9 important stretches. It's great for golfers, too. Enjoy this free gift courtesy of Missi Holt, CTT, yoga expert, and Pain Relief guru.

=> www.earlytorise.com/freedailyworkout/9superstretches2/index.html

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Embrace your brokenness. Be grateful for your faults. Yes, you've made mistakes. I've made as many as you or more! But those errors were the fire that forged us into the unbreakable steel that we are today. We could not have become better without the bitter. Remember that the next time you err. The mistake is NOT a problem. The pain is not an issue. For you will arise from the fire better and stronger than ever before. Stay strong and keep on pushing on.

Get strong or get loose,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Check out these amazing...

...success stories from our TT Fit Body Bootcamp in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina. The head trainer is the awesome Brittney Woodrum, CTT.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Pleasant-Fit-Body-Boot-Camp/1578718812357358

- "Holy cow! I'm down 21 pounds"

- "Had to buy some new pants for the hospital and usually I'd go for the 6 cause the 4 is too tight, but the 4 fit perfectly!

- "Hey I want to thank you and Daniel for helping me reach my health/wellness goals! Just got back from doctor and my HbA1c has dropped significantly, my average blood sugar are in target range and my cholesterol dropped from 228 to 187! Oh and did I mention, that I've also lost 5 pounds and two inches! You guys rock! Thanks for supporting me in this journey."

- "Hello abs, it's nice to see you after all these years "

That's what it's all about. That is one of the most gratifying feeling in the world. Continuing to help us reach that 10 million transformation mission...one person at a time!

No comments: