Saturday, June 20, 2015

4-minute awesome arms and abs

Quick 4-minute abs and arms workout today. Did this one for Men's Health. I send them new workouts each week in hopes that something will catch their eye for the magazine. It went down like this:

- Spend 1 minute on each move...use dropsets with DB exercises...modify body position if you fail with bodyweight moves (i.e. go to regular plank from ball plank):

1) Stability Ball Plank
2) DB Triceps Extension or TRX Triceps Extension
3) DB Curl or TRX Biceps Curl
4) Plank-to-Triceps Extension

Want more? Do it twice. (I only went once, not gonna lie).

Want even more? (But I did do this.)

Do a 2-minute Farmer Walk to finish off. I used 53 lb kettlebells for a 2 minute walk in the backyard.

There's plenty of time between this and my next deadlift workout for my grip to recover.

Tomorrow is a long walk and maybe an easy bike ride...and possibly my first coffee...I still haven't had one since I turned 40. I figure the first day of Summer would be a great occasion. So we'll see...if I need to stop for an espresso on the dog walk tomorrow I will. Stay tuned!

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Stop saying you want to change if you're not actually going to do anything about it. If you want to change, take action today, even if it is just the tiniest step in the right direction. Visit a website to learn more about how to achieve your goal. Buy a book. Start reading the ones you have. Contact people who can help you. Take that first action step. And then take another one tomorrow, and another the day after that. Every single day from now on take another step forward toward your goal, toward the change you want to make. Never stop and never give up. You can - and WILL - do it!

And a very cool response...

Allen Amy Taylor Love you Craig-got me out the door today, thank you!!!!!

Get out there,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Get out there and get back on track.

Today is another day to get back on track. Stay positive. Learn from past mistakes but don't let them weigh you down with negative emotions. Life is simple. Don't make it harder than it needs to be. You will succeed. You can do it. The King and I believe in you.



(And here's the King, Bally the Dog, in his peaceful Kingdom this morning before our big walk.) Have a great weekend!
Turbulence Training's photo.
Turbulence Training's photo.

No comments: