Thursday, May 31, 2007

My 1st 1-arm Pushup

Last night I read "The Naked Warrior" by Pavel Tsatsouline. Got this from my
friend John DuCane at www.dragondoor.com. I'll admit, I'm late to the
kettlebell and Pavel scene. I knew of him for years, but sometimes you just
aren't ready for the info that's available.

Then I met John DuCane, the owner of Dragon Door, back in March, and we've
been at 3 of the same seminars since then, and he's convinced me to try the
Kettlebell I've had sitting around for over a year now, and I've also bought
a few of Pavel's books and a subscription to his newsletter. Again, all
through dragondoor.com

so the Naked Warrior breaks down the 1-arm pushup. And I tried that in
todays workout.

I did a couple sets of 3, using assistnace from the other arm on the way
back up. By then, I felt I had the "skill" down and was ready for the test.
And I successfully did 1 rep on both sides, a real grinder rep for each.

And then I went on to some more kettlebell lifting. Following pavel's
recommendations, i stuck to fewer reps per set. Quality work, not quantity.
Just like Turbulence Training.

craig
www.TTmembers.com - Only 7 hours left to get locked in at low member rates!

No comments: