On Saturday morning, while you were enjoying the newspaper and your coffee, I was filming this lung-busting workout challenge.
I did this follow-along style and we'll post the video soon. I did the challenge in a gut-busting 9 minutes, 30 seconds. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do the 20 pull-ups Ironman style, but everything else was done that way.
1) Deadlift x 21 (using your bodyweight on the bar - I rounded up to 185 pounds, putting a 45 and 25 pound plate on each side) - Ironman style (all reps were done in a row with no rest)!
2) Spiderman Pushup x 20 per side - Ironman style!
3) BGSS BW x 20 per side - Ironman style!
4) Pullup x 20 - broken down into 4 sets of 5 - No Ironman, sad face! :(
5) Burpee x 20 - Ironman style!
Great times. This is Workout C of the TT Aug WOM for www.TTMembers.com. Follow-along vid will be up this week.
Your time? Anyone do this Ironman style (without any rests within the exercise)?
That was followed by a hearty dinner last night:
4 eggs, 4 pieces bacon, bok choy, 1 apple, 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter, 1 tablespoon raw almond butter, big bowl of grapes & strawberries, Athletic Greens
Off to the local market today for almond yogurt, grain-free granola, wild fish, and grass-fed beef.
Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance." - Hunter S. Thompson
When it’s all said and done, and you look back upon your life, what do you want your legacy to be? Think of this in terms of your family, fitness, & finances. Then make the right decisions now to leave the best legacy later.
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer