Saturday, September 18, 2010

How to be 15 pounds light and look 15 years younger

Hey, I've been hanging out in Austin, Texas for the weekend and on Friday afternoon, I got to chatting with a friend of mine who just turned 40. I hadn't seen him in a year, and he had lost 15 pounds. The guy looked 5-10 years younger. Heck, he looked as young as me!

So I grilled him about his "15 pound fat loss secrets"...

1) He cut out alcohol.

He struggled at first, because he attends every Dallas Cowboys' game - so that means booze and food. But as soon as the season ended, he cut it out, and kept it out this summer. As a result, he lost 15 pounds (while losing only 5 pounds in the 6 months before that while he was working out and drinking - not at the same time of course!)

2) He used Livestrong.com to record his nutrition.

Research shows that using a food journal will help you lose fat faster. Another easy way to use a food journal, is by posting your daily nutrition in the TT Membership forum. That's where hundreds of TT Members have posted their diet AND workout plans so they can benefit from the ACCOUNTABILITY of others.

3) He decided to commit and get SERIOUS.

His trainer, his wife, and a friend of the family all hounded him to get in shape for the sake of his 2 young sons.

In fact, the family friend SCOLDED him on not working out and told him he needed to shape up for the safety of his family.

That's the power of social support - it's amazing...men and women from all over the world will give you the motivation, inspiration, and encouragement YOU need to succeed.

Get strong, stay strong.

And get lean,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS 

3 comments:

Medoly Christ said...

Thank you for sharing. Really appreciate.

Just wondering if I would like to lose my waist fat, how should I go about it?

Can anyone help me?

Thank you! :)

andrewjameslowry said...

Medoly at the risk like sounding like a sales pitch buy the Turbulence Training program. If you are prepared to do the work the program works. I have been using it for two years now and it is a great program with lots of interesting workouts, nutrition advice and tons of social support on the forums. Check out www.transformationcontest.com for lots of examples of regular people who succeeded with TT.

I also recommend Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat.

Jason korinek said...

I really wants to see him..

personal trainers