Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Squat workout before Chicago trip

Going to get a hard workout in today as I'm not sure whether I'll get to a real gym again before monday. Regardless, I will at least use the hotel gym on friday or saturday.

1a) overhead squat (3x1) - 145
1b) Y's (3x12)

2a) medium squat (4x5) - 315
2b) pushups (4x15) - various

3a) narrow GM (3x12) - 135
3b) chins (1xMax, 30 total)
18,4,4,3,

To eat well while traveling, I am packing lots of nuts (eating a lot of
pecans these days), apples, organic beef jerkey from the Healthy Butcher in Toronto, and even a few protein bars).

Eating poorly saps my mental energy and makes me feel greasy. So who needs that junk?

Not me,

CB

3 comments:

Keith said...

Since you're discussing nutrition, What are your tips to avoid poor choices? I work in the evening,
get hungry late in my shift and worse when i arrive at home. I have kids so there are goldfish, ritz crackers, cookies always around. How can i change this mindset when i walk in the door?

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Hey Keith, We had a great conversation about this over at www.TTmembers.com on the forum.

CB

komal said...

Exercise regular. You can’t gain muscles without exercise. Different type of exercise is used for different muscles. For leg muscles; squats, leg extensions and leg curls and for shoulders lateral raises and shrugs. Repeat this three or four time in a day. When developing individual muscles exercise the person will need to focus on their individual needs. There may be need more to work on biceps and triceps than on backs or chest muscles. Diet increases your weight but exercise build muscles