Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Snarkless Streak is Over

I blew it.

A streak is over.

There was still a victory within...but it's time to start all over again.

***
Streaking Update

It all started with Bally the Dog vs. The Snowmobilers...more below...

1) Write 3000 words per day

Lots of writing today, but not enough on the book. That said I had a few breakthroughs in different areas of TT, ETR, and personal development. Just wish I had the same breakthrough in the book area. Today's lack of progress on the book sets me back, but I still hit 3500 words.

2) No Post Dinner Binge Eating

Doing great here. Dinner was a little smaller than normal last night, but I had some carrots instead of sweet-tooth temptations.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

Too busy for relaxation cocktail hour...maybe Friday when things wind down.

4) No Outbursts or Snarkiness

And here's where it went off the rails.

Monday night was weird. I was visiting Bally the Dog and his Grandma on the farm. After dinner, she let him outside to bark at the snowmobilers that were driving beside the house.

He had a good time, making noise for about 15 minutes before trotting back in and settling down on his little mat beside Grandma as they watched TV.

And then, as I mentioned, it got weird. He started sneezing over and over and over again. He sneezed about 20 times. He wouldn't stop licking his lips.

He refused to answer Grandma's questions about what was wrong with him. I said I didn't know. Then I got snarky, saying "I'm not a vet and the dog is not going to answer you."

For some reason I've always had a short fuse when people tell me, "I think there's something wrong with your dog." It's irrational. I can't control (most) of what happens to my dog. If there's something wrong with him, then hey, there's something wrong with him.

But I used to get really snarky. Last night I got only mildly snarky, but it was enough to put me off my streak.

On the bright side, I had much more patience BEFORE the outburst happened. In the past, I would have been rude within 10 seconds. This time it took me 5 minutes of listening to "What's wrong with you?" before I 'blew my top'. Oh well, back to the world of continued improvement every day.

As for Bally, we let him back outside. He ran around, barked some more, and then I let him back in. That fixed him.

So…the next time you start sneezing uncontrollably…just go outside and start barking. That appears to be the cure.

5) Healthy Gut Days

The GI system is doing well. I've been enjoying some Paleo Bread since I got back to Canada. And porkchops. Tonight I might combine the two for a quick meal of leftovers.

Getting back on track,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: