Saturday, February 28, 2015

Leveraging and chipping away at Streaks

Streaking Update

1) Write 3000 words per day

I almost got off track this morning, spent too much time thinking and planning out some other work issues, before I finally settled in to writing. But my deadlines kept me honest and I got a couple of projects done early. I also pushed back my workout to late morning, a rarity, and I made sure to leverage everything I write into multiple contributions.

For example, yesterday afternoon I sent an email to a friend. Then I edited it for use here, on ETR, in the virtual mastermind, and in my blog and emails. It's good content, and now is in several places, helping 5x's more people.

***
Build others UP because it will only make you more successful. If you don't have social support, take charge as the leader. Be confident in your choices. People will respect your decisions, even if it seems at first that they don't. Eventually, a lot of people will come to you for advice and support. You are the one making the right decision. Never forget that.

...

I am not a psychologist, a psychiatrist, or any other type of doctor. I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night (haha). But I have a friend going through some tough times. He's depressed. And yes, he's under a physician's care, but I still had some suggestions for him. Here's his daily Mood Improvement Checklist that will help every ETR reader:

1) One Minute Meditation (6 breaths, 4-second inhale, 6-second exhale)
2) Read one page from The Art of Living (Epictetus translated by Sharon LaBelle)
3) Walk outside in the sunshine for 20 minutes
4) Hug and kiss your wife and tell her you love her
5) Write in your ETR gratitude journal - takes just 5 minutes a day
6) Hug and kiss your kids and take a photo of them or with them every day
7) Reach out to a different friend every day. That are many folks that love you and care about you. Stay connected. Find a way to help them, too, and you will find yourself getting stronger.

He immediately replied, "Awesome, thanks!"

The checklist is already working.
***

After that I finished up my monthly info product newsletter, a bunch of virtual mastermind posts, and an audio outline that I'll record later when I'm not in the writing mood.

2) No Post Dinner Binge Eating

I had a huge breakfast yesterday that kept me full till 6pm. I wasn't that hungry for dinner, so it was easy to stay on track. Tonight's a birthday party night, but the food served will be off my diet plan, so I will eat before and focus my thoughts on socializing with good folks like Dan Long, Mike Westerdal, their wives, and Joel's awesome in-laws. I'll stay up late but won't be sleeping in...instead I'll nap on Sunday and then go to bed early on Sunday night. Joel and I have a big trip to Miami on Monday.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

Could be tested tonight. We'll see what is stocked at the party.

4) No Outbursts or Snarkiness

No chance of this today, even though it's raining here in Tampa, and even though I spent a long time on hold with Hertz (and their terrible hold music). Life is too good to be snarky.

5) Healthy Gut Days

Had more caffeine today, but everything I'm eating is perfect. I also received some good news on the auto-immune front, as my blood markers for inflammation came back normal from the recent blood test I did. Later this month I'll re-do my food sensitivity testing to see if I can start adding back almonds, stevia, berries, and lemon.

To be honest, I have no idea how accurate the test is...or if it's valid at all. I haven't noticed a difference but when you're dealing with digestive issues, it's like trying to peak into a locked black box, or a riddle wrapped inside an intestinal enigma. You just keep chipping away at pieces of the puzzle to find out what makes a difference.

I should have results from a gut bacteria test back soon to see if those are all at healthy levels.

Chipping away,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: