Saturday, October 04, 2014

Saturday Fitness QnA and internet feedback

Hmmm, another rainy day out on the farm. Unfortunate. But I was able to do a BW-TRX workout and get in a bike ride to grab the Saturday paper before it started pouring.

The workout today gave me:

361 total reps

200 Squats
100 pushups
140 rows
21 Handstand pushups

Sunday is my OFF-From-Everything day. That means no workout, no Internet, no texting, no stressing (not that I do much of that), etc.

I don't know about you, but I take pleasure in resisting new technology. That and I also hate learning new tech stuff.

I have an old (2009) Blackberry. I prefer a windows PC over my Macbook Air. I have no plans to wear a fitbit or similar device until they actually tell me something really useful and cool. I do not wear a watch, let alone one that is a computer.

I'll admit, I love checking my email as much as the next person...but I fight every day to avoid it. In fact, as I mentioned yesterday, I now only check email 4 days per week.

I use a lot of paper. I make a lot of notes.

When I 'grow up' and finally settle down in one nice, big, giant house with a huge office (instead of living in hotel rooms), I plan on having a 1960's style office with a big desk and no computer on it.

I'll have a smaller internet area somewhere else...somewhere that is dark and depressing so it naturally limits my time online.

My my, I've rambled on. Time to share with you some cool fitness QnA...that was ironically done on the Internet at www.turbulencetrainingfanpage.com

Q: How can I incorporate running and/or swimming into the HWR 12 week workout program? I enjoy doing both activities but don't want hamper my progress on the program...Thanks!

Answer:

Cut HWR down to 2x's per week and do running and/or swimming 2x's per week. If you're training for a race, you might add a third day of run/swim.

Q: I would like to flatten my stomach and raise my butt would do I need to do?

Answer:
Great question. Here's the best program I have for that - http://www.turbulencetraining.com/.../April2010_booty.shtml

Q: What is the most effective tricep exercise? I train outside or in my garage. I have dumbells, medicine balls, and resistance bands. Thx:)

Answer:
Lying dumbbell triceps extensions...and bonus, if you can wrap a band under the bench and hold one end of the band in each hand with the dumbbell, that will put intense tension on the triceps at the top of the movement. It might not work, but if it can, you'll love it.

Q: After about 10 min on the elliptical my feet start tingling and going numb. How can I get that to stop??

Answer:
Stop using the elliptical. it's a piece of crap anyways. Also, go see a doctor. Thanks!

(That one reminded me of the ol' joke where the guy says, "Doc, it hurts when I do this," and the doc says, "then stop doing it". LOL)

Q: I turned 38 and started putting on all kinds of weight. How can I boost my metabolism. I am working out 3x as hard and not losing any of it.

Answer:

Here's the perfect plan: You must combine diet with total body metabolic resistance training for the perfect 1-2 punch for losing belly fat. Grab these... 1) FREE meal plans: www.TurbulenceTraining.com/freemealplans and 2) And get these workouts: www.HomeWorkoutRevolution.com (bodyweight only) or www.turbulencetraining.com (bodyweight and dumbbell exercises)


Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"Everybody in your situation has the same choice: you can rue your situation or you can dedicate yourself to changing it. Accept responsibility for your future. Refuse to complain, criticize, or condemn." - Mark Ford

Have a great weekend and enjoy some time with your family.

Rest, recharge, relax, reach out and strengthen relationships, and recover for next week.

Never quit,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT


***
12 week cumulative total:

15,000 Bodyweight Squats
  • 8935
10,000 Pushups
  • 5862
3,000 Bodyweight Rows
  • 1993
2,000 Pullups
  • 558
1,500 Burpees
  • 895
1,500 Chinups
  • 515
333 Handstand Pushups
  • 200
= 18,948/33,333 reps

No comments: