Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fun Trail Run and Cherry Blender Drink

TT Admission…Ssssshhhhh, don't tell anyone. The weather was so nice today that I went for a fun 30 minute trail run through the Old Grove near the family farm. I saw 4 rabbits, a skunk, a deer and a Bally the Dog! The fresh air was great…and the hills were tough.





Once in a while a run is fun, but I was reminded of why cardio is a bad idea for everyday use => Overuse injury from repetitive motion. If you do the same thing over and over again, your knees, hips, IT bands (outside of your thighs), and Achilles tendons take a beating. That's why you need a wide variety of bodyweight exercises instead.

Followed that with today's blender drink of: 2 cups water, 4 ice cubes, 1 serving Athletic Greens, 1 package of Jay Robb vanilla egg white protein powder, 15 frozen dark cherries, and 2 big handfuls of organic spinach (you can't taste it, trust me!).

Great resource for Trainers: 65 success secrets
http://www.earlytorise.com/bedros-ke...ccess-secrets/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
To Man-Up, you must use my 5 Pillars of Transformation:
  • Plan & Prepare better than ever before
  • Get Professional Accountability
  • Lean on Your Social Support
  • Give Yourself an Incentive to Motivate You to the Finish Line
  • Set The Deadline – this is the most powerful part of the equation…without it, your goals remain simple daydreams. Man-Up and beat that deadline!
Only discipline & decreased distractions will allow you to get it done & leave your legacy. Remove temptations, concentrate on what counts.

CB Rule #8: "Everything that happens to me – good and bad – is my personal responsibility. I blame no one but myself. These are the choices I've made – this is the life I'm living. I will accept the consequences of my actions." - http://www.earlytorise.com/12-rules

Push on,


Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - "Every moment you spend thinking about other people's problems, you remove the time needed to solve your own"– Martin Rooney, Rooney's Rules

No comments: