Monday, October 23, 2006

Fat Loss Secrets of Fitness Models

Fat Loss Secrets of Fitness Models

Fat loss is easy once you understand how hard it is.

Once you realize that fat loss is hard work, and not just as easyas eating some celery, drinking really cold water, and slammingdown some "metabolism boosters", that's when you'll really start toget results.

When you accept sticking to your nutrition program will take effort,only then will you start planning and preparing your nutrition tomeet your fat loss goals.

Same with exercise. When you understand that harder workouts aremore effective, then you'll start to plan your workouts accordingly.

Over the past year I've interviewed over a dozen fitness models(men and women) for Oxygen and Maximum Fitness magazines, and theirsecrets to success are as plain as day.

They know it is going to be hard work to get ready for aphotoshoot, but what do they know that you don't know?

First, they've got their nutrition plans down perfectly. And when Isay planned out, I don't just mean they have a meal plan torn outof a magazine. Instead, they have their shopping lists prepared.They have time set aside for cooking, cutting, and chopping. Thesemen and women have more than enough tupperware to store and freezetheir food for the week.

Fitness models take their meals with them and aren't so naive as tobelieve that they will be able to find something "healthy" at workor on the road. They are not willing to sacrifice results forconvenience. They have accepted the hard work that comes witheating for fat loss. Have you?

Second, fitness models know what works - not only in the kitchen,but also in the gym. They've recorded their workouts, studied theeffects of various exercises, rep ranges, and workout frequencies.

They have accepted that their can be NO guesswork in a fat lossworkout program. That's why fitness models plan their workouts inadvance, and write down the results in a training log for analysis.If you aren't doing that, then you're doing nothing more thanplaying a workout "lottery" and hoping you'll come up lucky.

Third, and perhaps most importantly (because its hard to have thefirst two factors without this one), fitness models surroundthemselves with a supportive environment and social support groups.

How many fitness models do you think are married to sedentary,overweight smokers? How many fitness models do you think hangaround men and women that start drinking at 4pm every Friday?

Having the right social support group and supportive environmentcan make or break your fat loss program in less than a minute.

Research shows this. Experience proves this.

All it takes is a bunch of co-workers to surround you at your deskwith a box of doughnuts and pressure you into "having just one".The next thing you know its 3 days later and you haven't had adecent meal since.

According to the research on social support for fat loss, there areat least 2 proven ways to harness the powers of others for your fatloss goals.

First, include a health professional in your social support group.This could be your doctor, a nutritionist, or a trainer that yousee on a regular basis. But you need to be accountable to someone.This will work best for those of you that can't find support amongyour family, friends, or co-workers.

Second, if a member of your social support group also loses weight,you'll have a greater chance of succeeding. So try and get familymembers, friends, and co-workers directly involved. Get them fromcheerleaders to active participants in the fight against fat.

I hope these tips help you out. If you don't have any socialsupport right now, by all means, send me an email on your progressand at least hold yourself accountable to me.

If you need help planning a workout, please visit:
http://www.turbulencetraining.com/

I promise you Turbulence Training will give you to the fat loss youdeserve and desire.

Sincerely,
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

P.S. 21 pounds in 21 days!
"Hi Craig, I wanted to send you a note regarding TT. The workoutsare great and if you incorporate the diet plan you can't help butlose FAT. I have been using the program for three weeks and havedropped twenty one pounds. I look forward to getting down to mygoal weight within a year. I am very happy to have purchased thisprogram and would recommend it to other with no hesitation. Thankyou very much."
Tim Jones

"I have been going to the gym for a number of years and am alwayslooking for newer and more efficient ways to work out. I starteddoing the TT program about 8 weeks ago and already (to my surprise)I am leaner than I have been in about 3 years. I am also findingthat I am actually less tired than what I was doing other programsthat I have tried, most of which involved longer cardio, ratherthan the short hard intervals recommended in TT. Given the varietyof workouts within the program I hope that I will never be bored orhave an inefficient workout in the gym again. I highly recommendedit for anyone especially those who feel like they have plateaued."
Rebecca Organo

"Dear Craig, for the last year or so, I've plateaued in the mid tohigh 170s, having come from the low 190's. I wasn't gettinganywhere with my old program, so I started the TT program just 5weeks ago. Since then, I have not only increased my strength,endurance and overall energy level, I've gone from 175 lbs to 166lbs. That's more than 9 lbs of fat since I've definitely gainedmuscle. I finally have a waist again, and I can actually begin tosee what abs look like! Thanks!"
John Sobraske

Get your very own copy of Turbulence Training & the Nutrition Guide here:
http://www.turbulencetraining.com/


fat loss, nutrition, weight loss, lose weight

No comments: