Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Deadlift and DelRay and Dropped Weights

This wraps up my last beautiful day in Miami. I'm writing to you from the 31st floor of a condo overlooking the Miami Marina, and watching cruise ships go in and out of the harbor. It's mesmerizing. I could work here all day.

But it's not to be. I must move on. Like a shark, I can't stay still.

My day started brilliantly, with my Big Thinking, Book Writing, and Meditation. A quick read of my daily documents, some warmup movements, and then I was out the door and on the way to the gym.

My deadlift session started at precisely 6:01am and was followed by military press and front squats. Recent records were set, and my strength is off to a good start in 2014.

During my workout though, I saw the strangest thing today.

A guy, looking for a place to do db presses, heaved his weights up on a massage bench. Now as you can imagine, this was not going to work out well. He quickly realized this as he laid down, and then proceeded to roll the dumbbells off the bench and let them drop almost three feet onto the floor, where he left them and didn't bother to return them. What an inconsiderate gesture. Just when you think that after 20 years you've seen everything in the gym...

Oh well. More entertainment for my long rests between heavy deadlifts.

By 7:20am I was home and having a BioTrust shake. Now it's off for a 1-day trip to DelRay beach to see my mentor, Mark Ford, followed by an early flight home to Toronto tomorrow. But I'll be back. Next week, in fact, for a 2-week adventure around south Florida, hitting both Tampa and Miami.

Most important, I'll be here for the TT Certification seminar on Friday and Saturday, Jan 31-Feb1st.

You can join us here:
http://www.turbulencetrainingcertification.com/LiveSeminar.html

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
The time to change is now when momentum & social support are on your. Keep pushing, stay strong, never give up.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: