Last week I wrote an article for Men's Health magazine.
I shocked the editors by telling them that bodyweight exercises are 7x's more effective than cardio workouts.
The best way to use bodyweight exercises are in circuit training.
You’ll burn fat FASTER with circuit training than with slow, boring cardio.
Plus, bodyweight exercise circuit workouts are almost 10 times shorter than doing an hour of cardio.
Here are some sample circuit training workouts:
Crazy-8 Bodyweight Circuit
1) 60 Jumping Jacks: Done as fast as possible, but make sure you do full jumping jacks.
2) 20 Spiderman Pushups or regular pushups:
3) Walking Lunges: 30 steps total
4) Spiderman Climb: 10 per side
5) Bodyweight Squat – 20 reps cardio workout
6) Mountain Climbers – 20 reps
7) Burpees – 5 reps
8) High Knees: Done as fast as possible. Do 50 total.
With that program, you can literally do that circuit anytime, anywhere, without having to rely on a single piece of equipment. After all, that’s the biggest concern of most people these days…they need to workout in a hotel room, or at home, or in a park where they don’t have kettlebells, or dumbbells, etc. So that’s the workout you can use.
Watch me get crazy here!
Next up is a circuit that you can do in a tiny amount of space in your home. And frankly, you can do it anywhere that you have access to a kettlebell and stability ball, so YES, you can do this one in a park, too.
Kettlebell and Bodyweight Exercise Circuit
1) KB Swing – 20 reps (1-0-1)
2) Pushup – 20 reps (2-0-1)
3) Stability Ball Back Extension – 10 reps (2-0-1)
4) Stability Ball Pike – 8 reps (2-0-1)
5) KB 1-Arm Swing – 10 reps per side (1-0-1)
6) Pushup – 20 reps (2-0-1)
7) Stability Ball Leg Curl – 20 reps (1-0-1)
8) Ab Wheel or Stability Ball Rollout – 8 reps (2-0-1)
9) Sprint or Burpee – 20 seconds or 8 reps
Helping you burn fat without cardio,
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
PS - Hey, have you been watching my...
...new Morning Motivation videos on our Facebook Habit Change Group?
If not, then you are missing out.
Click here to join our Habit Change group and get my NEW videos each day