Friday, September 23, 2016

Deadlifts and Deadlines for Changing

On October 1st I'm going to step-up my challenge and go 21-days without protein bars or protein shakes. It'll be whole food only.

Today I had an extra serving of Green Tea prior to my deadlift workout rather than a Coke Zero. At one point I only drank Coke Zero once a week - and that was only before deadlifting. Then I started sliding down the slippery slope... allowing myself one before squats. Then bench press. Then before any workout. Then Saturday mornings.

So it had to stop. And stop it will. Forever.

Thanks to you... thanks to Bedros... and thanks to all of the past winners of the TT Contest for inspiring me to change.

And thanks to Deadlines for being a powerful force for inspiring people to overcome the initial inertia in the process of habit change.

Here's how today's workout went in a very busy gym overpopulated with high school students learning how to use the weight machines.

1A) Deadlift
1B) Box Jump

2A) Snatch Grip Deadlift
2B) Front Squat

That was it.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:

I twittered this yesterday and had 27 retweets and 45 likes. That's a lot...

Success is simple once you accept how hard it is. Only then will you be mentally prepared to do the work and make the sacrifices.

#truth

Accept it,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: