Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My 5 Simple Nutrition Rules

I truly believe that nutrition is the biggest, by far, component of a good fat loss program.

There's a saying in the fitness industry, "you can't out-train a bad diet", and that hold's true almost 100% of the time (and especially as you get older).

Fortunately, I also believe that good nutrition for fat loss is very simple. And here are my 5 steps to building a fast fat burning diet.

1) Find out how much you are eating now. Use fitday.com.

2) If you are not losing weight, eat less.

3) Eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, and good protein sources. Don't eat junk from a bag or a box.

4) Give yourself one treat meal per week to look forward to - not a treat day, just a treat meal.

5) Plan ahead. Prepare your meals (spend 1-2 hours on the weekend getting your meals and meal plan ready for the week). Identify obstacles and come up with solutions to avoid them.

That is it.

Very simple. Most people do pretty well on 1-3 and even 5, but mess up on number 4. I often hear how well someone did all day long, but then while making dinner they snack on upwards of 500 calories of
their kid's treats, or other processed carbohydrates they have lying around the house.

The little things can add up to big time problems. So take a good long look at everything you eat.

And all of this can be avoided if you follow rule #5.

Combine my five simple nutrition rules with three short workouts per week of resistance training and interval training, and you have a very manageable fat loss plan that can fit any busy lifestyle.

Click HERE to get started with Turbulence Training for fat loss

There are NO negative calorie foods,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

PS - Lose Over 5 Pounds Per Month & Change Your Body With Only 3 Short TT Workouts Per Week...

"I'm 25 and was seriously overweight at the start of this year. I've been doing the TT for Fat Loss Workouts and after 5 months of training. I've lost nearly 28lbs. I want to take this opportunity
to thank Craig for making your knowledge so accessible and your articles and blogs that not only make us think about our lifestyles, but encourage us to change them for better health."
Kevin Thow, Sydney, Australia

"Turbulence Training makes so much sense and i really enjoy the different workouts so never get bored. From an aussie that was looking for something other than just another weight workout
with the same old moves this has been a real eye opener for me and i have been telling my friends just how great the TT method is."
Kelli Tomkins, Australia

"I lost 14 pounds this month and the weight is just falling off me. My wife says I now look like when we first met and I still have more to go. I can fit into my old jeans again which is a big deal
for me. I just cut back on starches and bread and do your routine 2-3 times a week. I never thought in a million years that just 10-20 minutes of weight training followed by some cardio would get
me such steady results. I even cheat a bit on the weekends."
Billy Williams

Click HERE to get started with Turbulence Training for fat loss

No comments: