Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Fun times on the farm with Daisy Mae

Good ol' Daisy Mae sure can get tuckered out. Yesterday she did her biggest walk EVER in her life, then ran some 10am "across the lawn" sprints, and finished the day with a 7pm "bigger dog wrestling" session. That left her sooooooo tired. Which is exactly what you want from a puppy dog. She slept well.

So did I. Out on the farm I have more space, and that means leaving her crate downstairs instead of at the foot of my bed. Now I'm able to sleep solidly through the night, and have average 7.5 hours of sleep - straight. If I don't get up in the middle of the night to pee, that means I'm tired... and I haven't done that for 4 nights in a row.

My workouts have also been good.

Sunday was upper body - and I had a slight issue with my right trap but did some release on it first and had no problems during or after training:

1a) Pushup
1b) Band Pull

2a) Floor Press
2b) Barbell Row

3a) Barbell Curls
3b) Ab Wheel

Monday was off... just some walks and "dog jogging" in the backyard to tire out Daisy...

Tuesday was back on... big time:

1a) KB Swings
1b) Mobility

2a) Deadlift
2b) Mobility ... aka - checking on the dog

3a) Barbell Hip Thrust
3b) Ab Wheel Rollout

Today will be another upper body session...

Thursday is a drive back to Toronto... and probably some treadmill sprints... while Daisy goes to the babysitter (her Aunt) for a few days because of my work.

Friday I have a workshop... but I might train in the morning... and then go visit Daisy at night.

Saturday I'll get in a squat workout at Bang Fitness. I am so looking forward to this day!

Sunday I am speaking early in the morning at The Canadian Fitness Business Summit's first annual event. It's going to be a blast!


No comments: