Monday, April 20, 2015

Too Much Workout

Dang. Sunday was the "Too Much Workout" day. I ate too much before, I had too much caffeine, and I did too much squats. (Apologies for the terrible grammar. It's all too much!) The caffeine made me feel weird and the food-squat combo made me feel like vomiting, but I made it through the TM Workout and ended up having a great day.

Workout at the Colorado Athletic Club:

1A) Squat
1B) High Box Jump

2A) Front Squat
2B) Good Morning

My big breakfast was my High-Fat Cereal. It has to be 1,000 calories, and it kept me full for 9 hours. Seriously. I was done eating by 6:30am, in the gym at 8, and didn't eat again until 3pm. My High-Fat Cereal recipe goes like this:

1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2-4 ounces of walnuts or pecans (I've never measured)
1-2 tablespoons of almond butter (or other nut butter)
1 banana

Sometimes I sprinkle Paleo Protein Powder on top because it's so sweet. And sometimes I sprinkle 2-3 teaspoons of cacao nibs on it.

It's a giant bowl of nut cereal. Good times. Except when you are squatting less than 3 hours later. I need to leave more time between High-Fat breakfast and the workout.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"Identify exactly what it is that you want. This takes a lot of thought. Then don't let anything stand in your way of getting it." – Kekich Credo #56 …..I do this. I take this seriously. I set goals. I write them down. I review them regularly. I've created a Vision Board. I plan my days. I set a priority to-do list each night to work on starting first thing the next morning. I have recruited social support. I have professional accountability from a coach. I have accepted the difficulty and the simplicity of the road ahead. I know the steps will be hard, but they have been taken before. There is a path, a rough one, over rocks and around great obstacles, and up a steep success mountain, but I am committed to taking it and reaching the top. I will stumble, but when I do, the helping hand of a mentor will reach out to guide me, and a push from my support will propel me back onto my feet. This is how it's going to be. Accept it and Take Action. I am there for you. You are here for me. You will get there. We will get there. Together. And when we do, no reward will be greater than the internal satisfaction knowing we have accomplished our goals. I look forward to celebrating with you. Until then, stay strong and keep on pushing on. I believe in US.

We can do it,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: