Monday, November 17, 2014

Snow vs Sunshine

It's full-on winter here on the farm. Several inches of snow have fallen over the weekend and last night, and several more are on the way. I'm glad.

Why?

Because I'm gone for two weeks, starting Saturday. First I'll be heading down to Joel Marion's near Tampa ("the official lightning capital of the world" - seriously!) for some sunshine and swimming. It's going to be in the 80's there over the weekend. We'll also be scooting over to Miami for a Heat game, and then celebrating my 2nd ever American Thanksgiving.

After that, it's on to Denver for our 3rd annual Toys for Tots drive, where we hope to break last year's record of $102,000 worth of toys.

You can read more about our goal & last year's event here:
www.EarlytoRise.com/toysfortots

So I'll miss out on a couple of my favorite pre-Christmas weeks here on the farm. But the snow is helping me get in the mood for the holidays. If you missed it, check out this trip down holiday memory lane with me here:
- http://www.earlytorise.com/16-minute-max-fat-burn-circuit-workout/

The trip also comes at a good time for my training. I just finished up the 33,333 rep challenge (falling slightly short of my goal), and I also will finish up my latest 4-week heavy lifting program this week before I go...so that gives me a deload week to do fun, random activities in Florida. I'll start back up with my Squat-Bench-Deadlift program in Denver at the Colorado Athletic Center gym there.

On Sunday I slipped in for the last heavy deadlift session. It went well enough, with the workout going like this:

1A) Deadlift
1B) Box Jump

2A) Bench Press
2B) Pullup Max Rep Test - 16 reps...1 rep slight improvement pre-33,333

3) KB Swings - 150 reps total

For the rest of 2014 I will be focusing on building the strength in the back of my body, from traps to upper back to glutes and hamstrings. As of today I'm still on track with a minimum of 5,000 KB swings before the end of the year. That should be an easy-to-hit goal. I might bump it up.

Ok, enough about me...

Now here's the truth about fat loss...

There will be times when people will try to embarrass you into joining them at Pizza Hut for an all-you-can-kill-yourself buffet.

And listen, if you're fine with accepting mediocre results, by all means, you can go and have a good time. I'm not here to force you into submission to never having fun.

But just remember, you'll pay the consequences.

It's better to discover why other people are trying to sabotage your plans and figure out how to deal with them.

What are their motives? What are your alternatives?

Success begins and ends with your personal responsibility. Success lives and dies with you and your ability to take the right action.

Identify what needs to be done and do it today. Do more of what works and less of what doesn't.

Say YES to Focus. Say NO to other people's drama. You deserve better.

Stay strong and NEVER, ever give up on what is important to you.

You can do it. I believe in you.


Here's the perfect plan: You must combine diet with total body metabolic resistance training for the perfect 1-2 punch for losing belly fat. Grab these... 1) FREE meal plans: www.TurbulenceTraining.com/freemealplans and 2) And get these workouts: www.HomeWorkoutRevolution.com (bodyweight only) or www.turbulencetraining.com (bodyweight and dumbbell exercises)

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
If you are frustrated, if you made a mistake yesterday, if you are ready to give up…PLEASE stay strong!

And remember these beautiful words: Broken glass can still shine brightly.

"The first step to healing is not to step away from the pain, but a step toward it." - Henri J.M. Nouwen …..

Listen, you have gone through the worst. Challenges remain, but they will be met with energy, not exasperation. You have people on your side now. You are not alone. Your people will support you…..

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." – Winston Churchill …..

Stay strong and keep on pushing on. You CAN do it.

I believe in YOU,


Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Time to go work on new ETR articles.

Until tomorrow, please enjoy today's personal message to you
- http://www.earlytorise.com/6-weeks-left-till-your-dreams-expire/

No comments: