Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday TT Workout

Even though I was still a little sore from Tuesday's Pistols and Inverted Rows, I hit the gym today to do another TT workout, and I set some personal records.

I agree with Jay Ferruggia (www.PRWorkouts.com) that you should always set personal bests in each workout, if you expect improvement. Train hard, but safe, of course.

So today's workout was...

Strength Exercises

1) Squat - 335x3x5

2) Clean - 195x2x2

(I saw an old friend at the gym and got so excited that I forgot the order of my workout...usually I do the Cleans first.)

TT Supersets

1A) DB Bulgarian Split Squats - 2 sets of 8 reps at 60 pounds
1B) DB Shoulder Press - 2 sets of 8 reps at 70 pounds

2A) Good Mornings - 2 sets of 8 reps at 195 pounds
2B) Pullups - 15, 10

3) Cable Ab Crunches

Then I hit a small fruit and vegetable stand after the workout and loaded up on some seasonal blueberries, cherries, and other fruits, plus lots of nuts.

I'm going to skip the post-workout chocolate milk for a while to see if that really makes a difference. I'll try it for 4 weeks.

Craig
Home Fitness Workouts

No comments: