Wednesday, February 14, 2007

TT at home

I am back in toronto, but only after almost missing my connecting light in LA...

So 13.5 hours from sydney to LA plus an extra 1 hour sitting on the runway, plus 4.5 hours from LA to toronto...and I'm home.

All while sticking to good TT nutrition...we can thank the Almonds and big bag of fruit I bought in sydney.

Technically, I didn't miss a workout b/c I did bodyweight training in sydney on wednesday morning and then flew back in time in order to make it home to toronto by 9pm wednesday night.

However, when I hit the weights on thursday or friday of this week, it will have been 17 days since my last weight workout (excluding some solid bodyweight sessions I did while traveling).

If you ever find yourself away from the gym for as little as 7 days or more, you should be conservative when you return to the gym.

Cut the volume bigtime (50-60 percent) and the intensity (20-30 percent).

So for me, instead of doing 315 for 8-10 reps and 3 sets (for squats), I'll just do 1 set of 8 reps at about 245 - and so on for about 4 main lifts for a total body workout.

Back to work, back to the puppy, back to the cold, and back to making TT for Fat Loss the greatest program in the world,

CB

No comments: