Monday, March 23, 2015

The End of my Streaking

My 12-week Streaking Transformation has come to an end. Details below. Our next TT Transformation Contest will start in late April or early May. I'll need to figure out something really cool for that one.

Speaking of really cool, I had a great Sunday morning workout.

1A) Squat
1B) Depth Jump

2A) Front Squat - did 135 for 12 reps (full squat)
2B) Good Morning

Legs are sore today. Good to get back to Front Squats. I think it's better for me to stick to bilateral exercises, rather than piddling around with single leg stuff. We'll see after 8+ weeks on a couple of programs.

I need to be clear about my plans and goals.

As do you.

Your success depends on clear communication. This means communicating with others, laying down the law, and setting the explicit rules that you will be following to achieve your big goals and dreams. This also means seeking out and communicating with other positive, like-minded individuals. Get social support by clearly communicating your goals and by asking for specific help.

And then comes the hard part – clearly communicating what needs to be done…with yourself. You must be clear about your own goals in your head. You must be clear about what it will take to succeed, and you must also be clear about what you will and will NOT do for success. Those are your rules. Know them, communicate them, and stick to them.

You must have a clear understanding of the consequences of all your actions and communication. Know what to do, know to do it, and know what will happen when you do. Clear communication = a smooth path to success. Get real and get loud about the great goals you have in life. You can do it. I believe in you. Now is your time.

And now is our time to review my recently completed 12 Week TT Contest #22 Streaking Transformation

It was interesting...I gained a LOT of control but am a little frustrated by what I did NOT learn in one area.

1) Write 3000 words per day

In the past 12 weeks I've made big progress on writing faster, focusing more, and finishing up the 1st real draft of my book. It's still ugly, but it's picking up speed. This was a HUGE win.

2) No Post Dinner Binge Eating

This was another HUGE win. I celebrated the end of the contest with a couple of hard ciders yesterday and did not have any desire for a post-dinner binge. Very grateful for this improvement.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

 I failed several times here, but overall, another huge win. When I've been in high-drink-risk environments, I've had no problem sticking to one.

4) No Outbursts or Snarkiness

This was a Fourth Victory. And it means big changes in the future. Stay tuned for some interesting updates.

5) Healthy Gut Days

This was good and bad. My gut is healthy.

But I've learned nothing.

I've done two expensive food sensitivity tests and followed that advice and frankly, I've learned nothing. I almost did another round of testing...but then thought better of it.

My verdict on food sensitivity testing is that it is a waste of time.

***
And so there you go...it was a fun contest and I enjoyed writing updates. I think the 23rd contest will be a physical challenge again. We'll see. I've got to choose something in line with my training goals...the 2014 bodyweight challenge was incongruent with my goals and set me back (even though I learned a lot).

So that's it.

Looking forward to the voting for our #22 contest and then more life-changing good times with contest #23.

Stick to your vision,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:

Get connected, overcome your ego, ask for help, and keep going because you are here to do something that matters.

No comments: