Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Total Body Workout in Vegas

As usual, my trip to Vegas is very tame, so the "what happens in vegas, stays in vegas" rule does not apply to me. Last nice I had a shockingly good steak salad at ESPN Zone in the New York-New York hotel, followed by bowling (I was just getting the hang of it when we left), and then I had a drink on top of the Rio Hotel in their bar, Voodoo. Heck of a view.

Today I got up early, and did a workout. The gym at the Luxor hotel is bigger, better, less crowded, and $20 cheaper than the gym at MGM. It was one of the best hotel gyms I've trained at, with dumbbells up to at least 80 and I think even 100. Plus, they have a squat rack - not a smith machine - but a squat rack. And I trained in my new black high-top converse that I bought yesterday.

This was a real random total body workout, since my day called for deadlifts, but those were not allowed.

Pullups - 12
"Typewriter" Pullups - 5 per side
Pistol Squats - 10 per side
Chinups - 10
Full Olympic Squats - worked up to 225x8
Chinups - 8
1-Arm Standing DB Shoulder Press - worked up to 65x7
BB Row - 5x10 @ 155
3-Minute Arms with the 10 RM method

Good times,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - 3-Minute Arms comes out this weekend.

Become a TT Member today and you'll get first crack at that program, plus...

-> TT Female Bodysculpting
-> TT for Meatheads

Click here to get your 3-month TT Membership FREE with your copy of TT

4 comments:

Stone said...

I was just in Vegas at the Luxor. Unfortunately the gym isn't included in the room price. It's $10 for all day access (no massage included). But then, if you don't buy 2 bud lights there ($12 for two), that definitely covers it.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Yeah, but its $30 (!!!) at MGM, where you get less for more money.

Luxor has to step it up on the in room Internet access...no wireless, and this weird set up where you have to use a cable that runs awkwardly all the way from the TV...

Anonymous said...

Hey Craig,

My husband and I were just in Vegas a few months ago, staying at the Wynn. I shouldn't have been surprised, but the gym was $30 pp there too. We decided against it, and instead headed up to the top deck of the parking garage and did a circuit program. Can you imagine all the late risers, waking up after a night of debauchery, to look out their window at the strip and see two yahoos out on the parking garage deck doing alternating split squats and box shuffle drills. Ha. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Sheila
www.livewell360.com

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

That's committment!

And hey, that wouldn't be the craziest thing anyone has ever seen in Vegas.